Many young aspirants who dream of settling in Canada are often scared by the difficulties that they might have to face to get a job in Canada. Canada is a developed country and finding a good job there is only as hard as in any other developed country.
If you have a good academic background and some work experience, you are already in a much better position than most other applicants. But if you are a new immigrant immigrant a fresh graduate, getting a job can be a little struggle but it is not impossible.
There are a few critical factors that can turn the tables in your favour:
- Competence : Before applying for a job in Canada, you must focus on your own skill set. Learn some skills that are in demand, practice and pickup unique techniques, and gain some work experience before dreamingof a flourishing career in Canada. If you bring nothing new to the table, you are most unlikely to be hired.
- Effort : There is no point sitting on the couch and hoping to get a job. You always have to actively keep looking for a job in your desired industry. Never hesitate to start small in the beginning and gain some experience. Once in a job, you can always switch to better job offers or might even get promoted to a senior position in the same job.
- Job Search Strategy : Sending your resume by email or post to numerous companies at once will not solve the issue for you. If you come across a vacancy, you must first research about the company and develop a plan to apply for the available positions. Create a professional cover letter or send a handwritten note. These will increase your chances of being noticed and hence be awarded the job offer.
- Language Proficiency : If you are proficient in English and are having a tough time finding the right job, a good option for you to gain an edge over the other candidates would be to learn French and appear for the TEF French proficiency examination. This will make your profile stronger and make you eligible for a large no. of positions than before.
- Networking : Once you are in Canada, the best option is to connect with people and grow your own personal network. In most cases, the job vacancies are to be filled by referral network and are never announced to the public. Having a professional network will benefit you and make your job search easier.
- Work legally in Canada : Never assume that you can visit Canada on a travel visa and get a job. Always take the legal route and apply for a work permit before looking for a job in Canada. The ethical route may take more time but keeps you in a secure position. Recruiters are themselves punishable for hiring candidates who do not possess the Canadian work permit, hence it may be useless for you to look for a job while you still possess a visitor visa for Canada.
- Reskilling : Ifeven after all your efforts, you have failed to secure a high paying job, it is time you think about upgrading your skill set. Find out about the current market trends and the demands of the Canadian employers, invest your time and energy in picking up new skills before applying for a job.
The above points will set you right in your job search journey. Besides these, you must also try to understand the Canadian work culture and adjust yourself accordingly. Never be in a hurry, be patient and never give up!
We are Round World Immigration, a renowned immigration consultancy based in New Delhi, offer pre-flight and post-flight services for immigration to Canada. Our professional and experienced staff has all the knowledge and is well aware of all nuances of Canadian immigration, work permit, and permanent residency. We guideyou at all stages of the application process and help you sail through easily. We continue to offer our support even after you land in Canada. A part of our team is also available in Canada for your 24*7 service. They help you apply for jobs at prestigious companies and assist you until you are satisfied. Visit our website and fill the free assessment form, our skilled staff will get in touch with you soon!