In the year 2022, Canada's study visa processing time will have decreased considerably, thanks to the use of technology. At that time, applicants can apply for their visas online and have them processed within a few days. This change is thanks to the development of new technology that automates the entire process. Now, instead of having to go to an immigration office and wait in line, applicants can apply and get their visas quickly and easily.
What is a Student Visa?
A student visa is a document that permits someone who is in Canada to study at a school or college. It allows the person to stay in Canada for the duration of their studies and leaves them free from any legal obligations while they are here.
Visa Processing Time for Canada Study Visa
The processing time for a study visa in Canada can vary depending on the country of origin and the specific situation of the applicant. Generally, however, it takes around three to four weeks to get a visa decision back from Canadian authorities. If you are applying through an immigration office, your application may take up to several months longer.
8 Factors influencing the Canada Study Visa Processing Time
1. The type of visa you are applying for. For instance, a student visa will take longer to process than a work or tourist visa.
2. Your nationality and immigration status in Canada. If you are an international student with valid visas from other countries, your application will go more quickly than if you are applying as a temporary visitor without any valid visas.
3. The time of year that your application is being processed. Applications submitted during the summer months tend to be processed faster than those filed during the winter months.
4. How detailed your application is? The more documentation you provide, the less time it will take to process your application.
5. The number of applications being processed at any one time. The more applications that are being processed at once, the longer it will take to get a decision back from Canadian authorities.
6. How quickly your application is sent to Canada? Applications that are sent directly to Canadian immigration offices without going through an immigration agent in Canada will generally be processed faster than those that go through an agent first.
7. If there are any delays or problems with your visa file after you have submitted it to Canadian authorities. If your application is rejected, or if there are any problems with the visa that you have been issued, this can delay the processing of your application further.
8. How busy Canada's immigration offices are at any given time? During peak holiday seasons, for instance, some Canadian immigration offices may be more heavily staffed than usual and this could lead to longer processing times for applications filed during these periods.
Can I check the processing time for my Canadian study permit?
Yes, you can check the processing time for your Canadian study permit by visiting the Government of Canada's website. You can also call Global Affairs Canada's Toll-Free Information Line (1-800-267-8236) to inquire about the status of your application.
How has COVID-19 affected the Canadian Study Visa application time?
Canadian authorities have announced that they are increasing the processing time for all study visa applications by up to four months. This increase is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused significant delays at Canadian immigration offices around the country. Accordingly, applicants who were hoping to get their study permits before summer break may now need to wait until early 2019.
If you are planning to study in Canada during the summer 2023 semester, it is important to confirm with Canadian authorities that your application will be processed within the new processing time frame. If you're unable to get a response from Canadian immigration officials or if you encounter delays while waiting for your application to be processed, then it may be wise to seek out an immigration agent in Canada who can help guide you through the process.
Update on Travel Restrictions for International Students
1. As of January 7, 2021, all air travelers traveling to Canada from outside of the country will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result to board their flight.
2. An international student who wishes to study in Canada must have a valid student visa or study permit and a Letter of Introduction.
3. All international students who are entering Canada at this time must undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine period.
4. If a study program for international students has been canceled or suspended due to the COVID-19 situation, that student will not be able to enter Canada.
Other Important FAQs
Why does the processing time information change?
The processing time for information has changed to accommodate the COVID-19 pandemic. Canadian immigration offices around the country have been having significant delays in issuing study permits, so applicants may now need to wait until early 2019 before their application is processed.
What is the right time to apply for a Canadian Student Visa?
The best time to apply for a Canadian student visa is as early in your studies as possible. If you are applying from within Canada, the earliest application deadline is January 7, 2020. If you are applying from outside of Canada, the earliest application deadline is July 1st of that year.
What is the minimum age limit to apply for a student permit in Canada?
There is no minimum age limit to apply for a student permit, but you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
Can I study in Canada while my application is being processed?
If your application is pending approval and you are not planning on traveling to Canada until it has been approved, then you are allowed to continue with your studies while your application is processing.
What is the percentage of rejection for a Canadian student visa?
The rejection rate for a Canadian student visa is very low i.e 30%, but it does happen. The best way to avoid rejection is to apply as early as possible and have all of your documentation ready when you visit an immigration office.
When can you apply for a Canada student permit after facing a rejection?
If you have been rejected for a Canadian student visa and you are planning on traveling to Canada before your application is approved, then you will need to apply for a visitor visa.
What are the Common reasons for the student visa rejection?
1. The student may not have the required documentation
2. The student may be in contravention of their visa conditions
3. The applicant may not meet the minimum age requirement
4. The applicant may have misrepresented themselves
5. The student may not be meeting the academic requirements
Is Canada accepting student visa applications amidst COVID-19?
There is no change to the process of how Canadian immigration handles student visa applications pending COVID-19. Applicants will still need to provide documentation such as transcripts and proof of full-time enrollment in a qualifying program, among other requirements.
What to expect if the applicant fails to provide the required student visa documents due to COVID-19?
If you are an applicant and you cannot provide the required documents due to COVID-19, your application may be delayed or even rejected. If this happens, please CONTACT US for more information about what to do next.
How long does it take to get a Canadian student visa in India?
The processing time for a student visa to Canada can vary depending on the citizenship of the applicant and their nationality. However, it is usually around seven weeks in India.
How do I know if my Canadian student visa is approved?
1. If you have applied online, visa approval will be sent to your email address.
2. If you have applied by mail, visas may arrive at your post office box within two weeks of being submitted to the Canadian Embassy or Consulate. Please check with the embassy/consulate for updated information on processing times.
3. If you applied in person, your visa will be issued once your application is reviewed and approved. You may need to provide additional documentation such as an academic transcript or a letter of acceptance from the school/university you are attending.
Is Canada still processing student visas?
Yes, Canada is still processing student visas. However, the processing time may vary depending on the citizenship and nationality of the applicant. Please contact us for more information about how long it will take to get your Canadian student visa in India.
How can we help you?
If you have questions about your student visa application, please CONTACT US. We can help you to understand the documentation requirements and guide you through the application process.