Do you want to move australia? Immigration to Australia from India 2018 is very easy but not before. you just need to keep some point in mind before applying for it.
Many at times, it happens that we live in one place and dream about the other. This can be with respect to education or with respect to business, one does feel like migrating once in a lifetime.
For example, if you are a citizen of India but wish to study or work in Australia, so you need to be very well aware of the available visa option. You need to acquire the complete information with respect to migration to Australia. The procedure, documents, and eligibility are very important factors when it comes to moving overseas.
Australia is one of the top immigration destinations around the globe. It has a lot in store for the immigrants, especially for the ones approaching via, Skilled Migration, that is; Study Visa, Business Visa, etc. With a highly maintained system called point-based system, it creates a very high rate of attraction for immigrants every year. The ongoing shortage of skilled workers in Australia creates a huge demand for the young and talented individuals to visit, stay, study, work or even get permanently settled out there. There are various visa options available for the aspiring immigrants. These options have been settled under different categories.
Various Australian Visa Categories
Let’s now understand various Visa Categories available for the applicants:
- Study Visa – Studying in Australia has recently turned into a trend due to the extraordinary facilities available, such as advanced technology, highly favorable and supportive government facilities along with the outstanding educational system, etc. The Universities in Australia comes under the top 50 Universities in the world in Arts, Engineering, Life Science, Technology, etc. To apply for this particular visa, you can choose from various subclass categories, such as 402, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 580.
- Visitor/Tourist Visa (subclass 600) – Australia is one of the fabulous holiday destinations. No wonder every year there comes various applications of tourists for getting visiting visa to Australia. Therefore, to gain visiting visa you need to apply for Visitor Visa Subclass 600. And in order to get eligibility you need to, meet health and character parameters, have sufficient funds to support your tour of Australia, also assure that you plan on participating in various tourists’ activities.
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) – A skilled independent visa is for the skilled workers who are not nominated or promoted by any of the Australian territory, state, family or any employer. This type of visa holder can live and work anywhere in Australia.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass190) – A skilled nominated visa is for the skilled workers who are sponsored or nominated by any Australian state, territory, employer or family already in Australia. These type of visa holders can work freely anywhere, as well as, live in Australia.
- Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 489)– A skilled regional visa is a visa, which allows the skilled workers to live and work in regional or low population growth areas of Australia for a period of 4 years. There are three ways to apply for this visa: the Extended stay; the Invited and the Subsequent entry.
- Business Innovation and Investment Visa (subclass 888) – This category of visa holder attains full rights to own and manage a business in Australia. This visa provides the holder with permanent residency in Australia.
- Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417 & 462) – The applicants for this type of visa are mostly students. The holder of this visa is allowed to work in Australia during vacations. It is a temporary type of visa for the youngsters who wish to work along with vacationing in Australia. This is mostly done by the exchange students between Australia and the eligible countries thus boosting the cultural exchange and closer ties between the countries.
- Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573) – the holder of this visa category is granted permission to pursue higher education in Australia whose main course of the study is either of the following :
- Bachelor degree
- Associate degree
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
Higher education sector visa plays a major role for international students willing to pursue higher education in Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Immigration to Australia
As Australia is well-known for its uncomplicated migration process, there are some of the key elements rooted in the eligibility criteria for one of the highly demanded visas, i.e., the work visa. These elements are as follows:
- An applicant has to be under the age of 50 in case of sponsored and skilled visa.
- Get the English Language Proficiency Test done with sufficient score. (IELTS Certification)
- Get the assessment done for your Skill from well-known assessing authority.
- Choose an occupation to apply for from the provided occupations list for Australia (SOL/CSOL)
- Need to submit an online Expression of Interests (EOI)
- Score appropriate marks in the point based system test (minimum of 60 marks to be scored, key factors for the test are age, education, English proficiency, work experience, etc.
- Maintain good health.
- Be of good character(provide required certificates as proof stating the last two statements true)
Being one of the top countries for immigration, Australia has designed different categories or classes of Visa for permanent residency. To apply for these categories one need to fulfill the requirements of the Point Based Immigration System. This Point Based Immigration System helps in determining one’s eligibility for the respective visa on the basis of the points scored for key selection factors, viz., age, language, work experience, education, etc.
The following is the step by step immigration process:
- Submission of IELTS Certificate (with quality score)
- Submit your skill assessment certificate
- Select the Skill Occupation to apply the visa for.
- Get sponsorship from an Australian territory. (only if applicable)
- Now submit an EOI on Skill select.
- If your application fulfills all the criteria, you get selected.
- You can then apply for a visa in the next 60 days.
There no specific processing time for Visa. As there are various categories available, the processing time for each differs. It may take a month to a year’s time in the processing of the visa, depending on the type the applicant has applied for. The minimum time required is a month.
Applying anywhere comes after a thorough research and proper planning. Similarly, if you wish to apply for any of the above visas, you need to have a thorough understanding of the requirements and the procedure. One needs to be eligible in accordance with the respective applied visa. Also, the person needs to provide proper documentation. Any fault in documentation can end up generating serious issues for the applicant.
Australia is one country, which is also a continent. It holds a lot of attraction for the immigrants with its outstanding facilities for all, students, tourists, as well as, the workers. Valued workers, entrepreneurs, students, and pleasure chasers each one of them are welcomed, as well as, greeted with various benefits of Immigration to Australia.